Billy Hurley wins golf tournament at 2016 Quicken Loans National. His resume is more impressive than his final round 69 where he held off Vijay Singh:
Willard Jeremiah Hurley III
United States Naval Academy
- Bachelor Degree: Quantitative Economics
- Graduated: 2004
- Academic All-American
- He was a member of the victorious American Team in the 2005 Walker Cup.
Lieutenant United States Navy
- He was commissioned an Ensign in the United States Navy in 2004, serving until July 2009.
- After his graduation from the academy, he was assigned to the USS Gettysburg, a guided-missile cruiser based in Mayport, Florida, where he was a combat electronic division officer.
- He then taught economics for two years at the Naval Academy.
- From 2007 to 2009, he served a tour of duty in the Persian Gulfaboard the destroyer USS Chung-Hoon.
Awards and Acknowledgments
- Birdies for the Brave, a military outreach initiative sponsored by the PGA Tour
- World Gospel Outreach, a children’s camp in Honduras
- Ark Children’s House, an orphanage in Ecuador
- Adoption Advocates International, which operates an orphanage in Ethiopia (Layla House) where he adopted his son, Jacob
2016 PGA Tour Card: Congrats Billy on your win at the Quicken Loans National!
You can follow Billy @BillyHurley3